Monday, April 21, 2014

Muckross Park Hotel

We spent three nights at Muckross Park Hotel in County Kerry.

Visit their website





The location of this hotel is perfect. The first time I went to Ireland, I missed out on a lot of things in the southwest corner of the island because none of the castles I stayed in were close enough to get there, so I was thrilled to have three nights here. We had time to do the Ring of Kerry and explore an area that was new to me. Muckross is a few minutes from the town of Killarney, right outside the Ring of Kerry, and right in the heart of the Killarney National Park, as their logo states. It was a beautiful area and we loved our time there.

The hotel staff were all friendly and very helpful. We spent some time with the concierge, and he helped us plan our time in that area. His suggestions were a little bit different than what I had thought we should do, but we decided to trust him and ended up having time for almost everything we wanted to see. Breakfast (included in our stay) was a pleasant surprise with a large buffet of cold items and an assortment of hot items from the kitchen.

Our only complaints were the spotty and slow wifi, and the noise level. Our room was directly above the hotel's pub, Molly Darcy's, and we could hear music until midnight. After the first night, we decided to just go down to the pub since we were going to hear the music anyway. We were there on St Patrick's Day, so I'm not sure if they have live music every night or if it was because of the holiday. If you like to go to bed early, I would recommend asking for a room farther from the pub. But I would also recommend going to the pub! They had good food, and we loved the live music.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Muckross Park Hotel very much, and I would highly recommend it!

#MuckrossParkHotel #Ireland

No comments: