Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Druids Glen Resort

We spent our last two nights in Ireland at Druids Glen. It's a little bit south of Dublin, and just a few minutes from the ocean.
Visit their website

I must be spoiled after staying in castles the last time I was in Ireland, but this hotel seemed pretty boring from the outside too (I thought that at our first hotel, Heritage Golf & Spa).

The inside was another story though

The lobby was stunning

I loved this spiral staircase. I hope they have a tall tree in the middle at Christmastime!


Our room

Our bathroom

You can't tell in the pictures, but that brown wall paper had gold sparkles on it. It was really pretty!

One night we went down to the hotel bar for dessert. The dessert we had was called Eaton Mess, and it was sinfully delicious. Definitely something I would like to recreate at home. I loved this wood ceiling so much that I took a picture for (someday) when I build my own house.
 

We were really impressed with this hotel. It was immaculate, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and they offered some unusual perks like free DVD check out. We took advantage of that after a long day of site seeing in Dublin!

The location of the hotel is perfect if you're spending time in Dublin. We drove a few minutes to Greystones, left our car at a free car park the hotel staff told us about, and took the train into Dublin. It was quick and easy. We would have liked to have a little bit more time in this area, but we wrapped up our trip with two nights at a wonderful hotel. Look it up if you're headed to the east coast of Ireland!

#DruidsGlenResort #Ireland

No comments: