Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Spirit Airlines

I flew from Denver to Ft Lauderdale, and then on to San Jose, Costa Rica on Spirit Airlines.


Unfortunately, I don't have much to say about Spirit that's positive. They advertise low prices, but once you add in all of the extra charges, they aren't any cheaper than other airlines. You have to pay to reserve a seat, baggage fees (especially on international flights) are high and they charge for checked bags AND carry-ons (?), and there is nothing free on the flight. You even have to pay for water. To me, that is not cost effective. It's just plain annoying. 

Another downside to Spirit is the limited number of cities they fly through. I fly out of Salt Lake City, and since they don't come here, I had to fly to Denver on another airline and then take Spirit from there. On my way home I had two stops before Denver, and it made for a very long day. Definitely not worth the so-called reduced airfare.

I do have one positive thing to say. Spirit would rather delay a flight if they know a connecting flight is late than pay for someone to stay in a hotel, and because of that I made a connection that I otherwise would have missed. Still, not worth it. 

In the future, I choose to fly on an airline that doesn't charge for every little thing - even water - and doesn't expect me to clean the plane as I'm getting off or bother me throughout the flight about paying for their membership program.

#SpiritAirlines

No comments: