Thursday, February 27, 2014

Paramount Hotel

We spent a week at the Paramount Hotel in New York City.


Our room


We booked our room using Priceline, so we weren't really sure what we were getting. We took a cab from the airport to the hotel, and the driver had no idea what hotel we were talking about which made us a little bit concerned. It took him awhile to find it, but once he did we realized it was actually in a really great location, just a couple of blocks from Times Square. 

We spent a lot of time in our room the first morning we were there because my suitcase had gotten lost and we were waiting for someone from the airport to deliver it, and I have to say that bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. It was rock hard, and I would wake up in the night sore and have to change positions. I really think I would have been better off sleeping on the floor.

We thought the painting above the bed was a little bit weird too. I don't mind the painting itself, but having a huge face above you when you're sleeping is kind of creepy.

I don't have a picture of the bathroom, but it was tiny. Definitely only one person in there at a time. That was fine for us, but something to consider depending on who you're traveling with. The room was small too, but adequate.

The location of this hotel was the best thing going for it, at least for us. It wasn't horrible and we got a good deal through Priceline, but after a full day of site seeing you want to fall into a comfortable bed, and we definitely didn't get that here.

#ParamountHotel #NewYorkCity #NYC

No comments: